The audiobook community is giving back! Spoken Freely, a group of more than 40 professional narrators, has teamed with Going Public and Tantor Media to celebrate June is Audiobook Month (JIAM) by offering Summer Shorts ’14, an audio collection of poetry, short stories and essays. All proceeds from sales of the collection will go to ProLiteracy, a national literacy outreach and advocacy organization.
Throughout June 2014, 1-2 stories, poems and essays will be released online each day via Going Public, as well as on various author and book blogs. As a “Thank you!” to listeners, pieces will be available for free online listening on their day of release. As a bonus for those who purchase the full collection from Tantor Media in support of ProLiteracy, there are over 20 additional tracks only available via the compilation download.
After May 30th, you can purchase the collection HERE. Special pricing of $9.99 through June 30th, in celebration of JIAM. $14.99 from July 1st forward.
On June 14, I have the privilege of hosting a reading of Walt Whitman’s “So Long” by poet and voice artist Diane Havens, whose new book of poetry, “Without Make-up” has been published by Mary Celeste Press. Info at http://www.marycelestepress.com
Michael Stephen Daigle
- The award-winning ‘Weight of Living’
- An old rose
- More New Nagler: Frank’s own darkness
- A new review of the Frank Nagler Mysteries. Warning: contains high praise (and the author is stunned)
- The absolute truth about why there is a Statue Of Liberty at Garland Pond
- The earth is leaking
- June is Audiobook Month — And I have one
- We are West Hartley Parkway