Strip these bones of their meaning,
Rip the words from my tongue,
Steal the shade from my eyes;
Peel away flesh from fingers, pour blood from vessels,
Drain the noise, the shuddering thump.
Shut the sound that brings distance;
Distill the shadows of confusion, the grimy light show that obscures.
Blast and break, dismantle and shed the defenses;
Stomp, crush and destroy these crumbling, shattered walls of disillusion.
Filter all the appearances until there is nothing but pure sensation
And I dwell in the silence of you.
The Red Hand: “A winning origin story for one of modern fiction’s expertly drawn detectives.” — Kirkus Reviews https://www.amazon.com/Michael-Stephen-Daigle/e/B00P5WBOQC
The Frank Nagler Mysteries An Anthology https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1793859523/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i4
- Follow Michael Stephen Daigle on WordPress.com
- Three upcoming festivals
- THE STORY OF DEV. The end.
- ‘Love me some Frank Nagler’
- DRAGONY RISING: ‘WOW! Great story! So much going on and it all ties up.’
- Hey, Americans, we all are apparently ‘sour and angry’
- New piece: THE STORY OF DEV. Police visit Theo’s house looking for Dev
- Look at all you’ve done: Maggie Doyne’s story