Strip these bones of their meaning,
Rip the words from my tongue,
Steal the shade from my eyes;
Peel away flesh from fingers, pour blood from vessels,
Drain the noise, the shuddering thump.
Shut the sound that brings distance;
Distill the shadows of confusion, the grimy light show that obscures.
Blast and break, dismantle and shed the defenses;
Stomp, crush and destroy these crumbling, shattered walls of disillusion.
Filter all the appearances until there is nothing but pure sensation
And I dwell in the silence of you.
Michael Stephen Daigle
- Online links to ‘The Weight of Living’; Upcoming events
- New Frank Nagler: ‘The Weight of Living’ is released
- Pre-release links set for ‘The Weight of Living’; Kindle, Kobo. Out April 26.
- New library date: May 20 at North County Library, Clinton, NJ
- ‘The Weight of Living’ trailer released on YouTube
- The fictional ‘It’ and the ‘Not-It’
- Nagler books accepted by new libraries; festival, readings scheduled
- Howard Newton explains political corruption in ‘The Swamps of Jersey’