Strip these bones of their meaning,
Rip the words from my tongue,
Steal the shade from my eyes;
Peel away flesh from fingers, pour blood from vessels,
Drain the noise, the shuddering thump.
Shut the sound that brings distance;
Distill the shadows of confusion, the grimy light show that obscures.
Blast and break, dismantle and shed the defenses;
Stomp, crush and destroy these crumbling, shattered walls of disillusion.
Filter all the appearances until there is nothing but pure sensation
And I dwell in the silence of you.
Michael Stephen Daigle
The Red Hand https://www.amazon.com/Michael-Stephen-Daigle/e/B00P5WBOQC
The Frank Nagler Mysteries An Anthology https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1793859523/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i4
- Follow Michael Stephen Daigle on WordPress.com
- Nagler 5 title: ‘Dwell in the places of our horrors.’ From this scene
- My Easton Book Festival interview launches at 5 p.m. Nov. 11
- New 5-star review for ‘The Red Hand’: ‘When you read this book you will see it play on a TV screen in your head’
- NAGLER 5: Leonard, past and present
- Nagler 5: ‘Waiting for the Lies’
- THE RED HAND featured on Karen’s Killer Book Bench
- Can not stand, brother?