Strip these bones of their meaning,
Rip the words from my tongue,
Steal the shade from my eyes;
Peel away flesh from fingers, pour blood from vessels,
Drain the noise, the shuddering thump.
Shut the sound that brings distance;
Distill the shadows of confusion, the grimy light show that obscures.
Blast and break, dismantle and shed the defenses;
Stomp, crush and destroy these crumbling, shattered walls of disillusion.
Filter all the appearances until there is nothing but pure sensation
And I dwell in the silence of you.
Michael Stephen Daigle
- THE RED HAND featured on Karen’s Killer Book Bench
- Can not stand, brother?
- THE RED HAND and THE WEIGHT of LIVING named Gold Star Winners in Elite Choice Book Awards
- Nagler 5: ‘You Were Never Here’
- RED HAND interview with Steve Miletto
- Five-Star summer reading: The Frank Nagler Mysteries
- A short reading of THE RED HAND (by me!?)
- Review: ‘Feeding the Leopard’
- Follow Michael Stephen Daigle on WordPress.com