Strip these bones of their meaning,
Rip the words from my tongue,
Steal the shade from my eyes;
Peel away flesh from fingers, pour blood from vessels,
Drain the noise, the shuddering thump.
Shut the sound that brings distance;
Distill the shadows of confusion, the grimy light show that obscures.
Blast and break, dismantle and shed the defenses;
Stomp, crush and destroy these crumbling, shattered walls of disillusion.
Filter all the appearances until there is nothing but pure sensation
And I dwell in the silence of you.
The Red Hand: “A winning origin story for one of modern fiction’s expertly drawn detectives.” — Kirkus Reviews https://www.amazon.com/Michael-Stephen-Daigle/e/B00P5WBOQC
The Frank Nagler Mysteries An Anthology https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1793859523/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i4
- Follow Michael Stephen Daigle on WordPress.com
- Frank Nagler primer. See you in Collingswood Oct. 1
- The Dragony conspiracy
- ‘Dragony Rising’ … ‘This book is a must! Well done…well done indeed!’
- On to New Providence
- ‘Dragony’ on the road. Upcoming: Chatham, Belvidere, New Providence
- Nagler 5, ‘Dragony Rising’ now available on Amazon Kindle and paperback
- ‘Writes of Passage’ anthology a 2022 award winner
- More of the sloppy wonderful this